Sunday, February 22, 2004

Job

Job 1:6-12

Job was a man of God. Satan believed that if God took away all his possessions that Job would curse God to his face. But God believed that he was truly "blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." So God allowed Satan to take everything Job had, including his children, but told Satan not to kill Job.

Even through the suffering of losing all he had in the blink of an eye... Job praised God. He recognized that no matter what trials or suffering he went through, he should praise God. That is really admirable. And that's why God had so much faith in his servant Job.

Dear Jesus,

Today I want to praise you for any suffering I'm going through. I want to be like Job who never ceased to praise You, even through the extremely hard times in his life. I know that you have an awesome plan for my life and that my sufferings and trials build my perseverance and faith. Help me Lord to praise you through all circumstances.

I love you.

No comments: