Friday, February 20, 2004

I Want Faith Like This

Bible Gateway : MARK 2:1-12;:


Jesus Heals a Paralytic

1A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. 2So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 3Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, carried by four of them. 4Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. 5When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, 'Son, your sins are forgiven.' "

"...He said to the paralytic, 11 'I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.' 12He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, 'We have never seen anything like this!' "




Dang... I want faith like this. The place was packed and the guys bringing the paralytic man couldn't get in. But they had SOOO much faith in Jesus and his healing power, that they knew they HAD to get in the building. They believed it so strongly that they stopped at nothing to get in. They dug a HOLE through the ROOF to lower the man down to see Jesus!!! CAHRAYZEEEEE! Then when Jesus saw their faith in him, he not only healed his body... he forgave his sins.

This just shows me how Jesus can bless me if I have faith enough to go to the extreme for him. I think i'm digging my hole through the roof by letting go of a relationship and trusting that Jesus will heal my heart and forgive me of my sins. It's a hard thing to do, but I know that the blessings will exceed the amount of heartache I'm going through.

I know God can do amazing things through me if I completely trust him in everything, including my school work, my career plans, my friendships, my relationships.. my whole future. It's hard when you don't have anyone sitting next to you in the car... it's hard when you're doing your hw all alone... and its hard when you have to sit in your room eating your food by yourself. But it's all going to be worth it. I'm going to be able to talk to Jesus in all those times of loneliness.

I'm building faith muscles so I can have faith to dig my hole through the roof to see Jesus. I want everyone to be like... whoa that's crazy what she did... she really trusts Jesus.

Today, I have faith that I'm going to get through this day. I have faith I'm going to do well on this reading quiz in MMW and I'm going to finish my CogSci hw. I know I could be doing it now... but that's how much faith I have!! Spending time with God first thing in the morning is the most important thing. It can affect your whole day. So i'm investing this time in God. Hopefully he'll bless me for it!

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for this day. Thank you for a good morning and a good night's rest. Thank you for starting the day off with me. Thank you for a brand new start. Thank you for your awesome Word that you've provided me with for guidance.

God thank you for being my God... my Friend... my Father... my Everything. You are so awesome. Help me to love you more every day and grow closer to you by knowing you through your Word.

I confess to you that I haven't been having too much faith in You. I haven't been trusting that you'll get me through this or trusting that you've put me in this position for a specific reason. Forgive me and help me to have an amazing faith in you.

Thank you for your unconditional love for me. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Thank you for making the ultimate sacrifice of your own life... just for me. Thank you for your love that fills me up like no other.

Thank you for all my wonderful friends who are here in San Diego encouraging me and comforting me. They also inspire me to have more faith in You. Thank you for Ian too who had the courage to let go of the relationship too so that we could live lives that honor You.

I pray for discipline in my school work. I procrastinate a lot and I can't keep focused. But now I dedicate all my work to you and I pray that I will be reminded that I'm not studying or working hard for anyone but YOU. I pray for strength to get through this day.
I pray for Ian that he would know you more and trust in You more regarding his career plans and even his relationships in the future.

Thank you for a new day. I love you Jesus.

No comments: