Sunday, June 19, 2005

ihop waitress

I was dining at the fine establishment of the International House of Pancakes this morning with my good friend Mark in the San Fernando Valley. Our waitress was cordial and helpful as she asked us if we were ready to order. She was a quirky character-- a frizzy blond hair waitress who looked like she'd been working there forever, but still was confused about everything. I didn't realize how funny she was until after I thought about it. Allow me to share with you a few tidbits of her unintentional humor:


"Would you like to order any appetizers while you're looking? Oh wait, that's a silly question to ask for breakfast isn't it?

...

... I'll come back."


I order. Mark isn't ready yet. She then responds:

"Would you like some more time? I'll give you more time. I hate rushing people. I hate to be rushed. I'll come back."


We get our food after a while. It's good. She comes to check up on us.


"Is everything still as good as it looks?

...

... Man, I'm hungry."



Then I ask for my check as an exhausted Mark leans his head on my shoulder. She notices and responds:


"Awww, you're making me jealous... I'm sleepy.

...

...

... I just broke up with my boyfriend."





HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Oh my gosh. How random. I loved her. If you still don't find this funny, call me up and I'll say it to you just like she did it. It's probably funnier that way.



Good times.


I'm glad you're still alive homeboy.

2 comments:

joyce said...

Hey girl! how are you?
i found your blog through your myspace!
hope you're doing well!
i really like your songs on your myspace music by the way!
tkae care and God Bless

joyce said...

i forgot to say that your waitress cracks me up!!!!!!!!
hahhaha.
how random.