Thursday, June 16, 2005

home

i'm home.


after a hectic week of residents moving out, my last show for the year, graduations, and my own surprise cotillion, and moving out of my dorm, i'm home. home's something i definitely take for granted. the past two days, i've felt so uneasy because i don't have a home of my own in san diego. i moved out of ERC and my house in mira mesa isn't ready until next week. my van is packed with my crap (thanks to my homeboy dj mark marcelo) and the rest of my stuff is dispersed among friends. i don't plan to unpack my van until we get to mira mesa.. the beautiful kensley house.

anyway, after i took the LONG way home and drove in traffic -- a total of 3.5 hours of driving, i came home today to a beautiful home. my home. the smell, the warmth, the feel of it... my sister chillin in the living room watching tv... i love it all. i am so freakin blessed. there's food in the refrigerator, a huge tv to watch, a new concrete slab and basketball hoop in the backyard, and beautiful women i love everywhere. nikki updated me on how to survive in the house and what to expect from everyone. then we went downstairs and did each other's hair. we gave me a mohawk and put her hair in curlers. nini brought home cookie mix and i made a batch of sugar cookies.

in san diego i was so stressed out... but coming home here feels like a getaway. it's kinda funny because it used to be the exact opposite. i never wanted to come home. i always wanted to get away and go back to san diego. but now... home is so peaceful and relaxing. i can't wait to make our kensley house a relaxing home too.

so everyone... 8 days til my 21st birthday. yahoo! oh speaking of which, i would like to thank the following people for the most amazing surprise COTILLION in my life:


bieNowie, mark mora, mark marcelo, migz, ray, jin, mama, nini, toni, nikki, tin and everyone who came to celebrate with me last sunday. if ever there is a day when i doubt whether or not i am loved, i'll just remember that day. i love you.

time to sleep now.

No comments: